Monday, February 28, 2011

Integrity

I am most proud of my work in "Integrity", a short film made by Waddy Padilla of Waddy World Productions in Ft. Myers.  This was a very exciting film for me.  It was filmed in the Fall of '09.  I had done a few films with a couple of leading roles under my belt prior, but this one I knew was going to be important for me.

When I received the script and started reading the lines out loud, I just kind of immediately clicked with the lead character Alex.  Pissed off corporate guy.  Easy!  When I auditioned, I was looking Waddy right in the eyes and delivering the lines like they were coming right out of me.  I could see in his face that I was hitting it on the head.

This experience was really important to me because after I auditioned, and before I heard anything back from Waddy I thought to myself  "you know, if you get this role, it means that you really do have something.  It's not a fluke".  I suppose I felt that way because Waddy knew nothing about me and hadn't seen anything I had done.  I can honestly say that I'd never had that feeling before in my life. 

It was and always is pure misery waiting to hear back if you got a role or not, so I was ecstatic to be cast as Alex.

Besides all that, it is a great little story and I've used the film as my main entree into several other opportunities.  Thanks Waddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment