Monday, December 26, 2011

Not Bad

So the story behind "Not Bad" is simply that once again I wanted to combine a few unrelated items into one little film.

The aspects of this film that are true are (get ready):  1) One time I did have to get Pat to dig what appeared to be a small unidentifiable pebble from my teeth, because I couldn't reach it; 2) I hate accidentally getting my feet wet when I'm wearing socks; and 3) I have tasted BJ's Milk Bones.  C'mon, I'm only human!

It took a few minutes to get BJ to come into my office, where we were wating to film him.  He is a little hard of hearing so wasn't really receptive to our frantic calling for him.  Actually, he's not the most obedient little dog in the world so he probably wouldn't have come even if he could hear.  It was a complete surprise and delight that he barked upon entry, as if on cue.

The shot where you see Pat's point of view, digging in my mouth was tricky.  She had to sit on my chest with the camera in one hand, and her other hand in my mouth.  Then I had to pluck and stifle the low string of my guitar (laying on the bed next to us) for the sound effect. 

It took several minutes before Pat could compose herself for the one shot where I am digging at my teeth with dental floss while reading her magazine.  I had to wipe the tears of laughter from her eyes a few times, but she finally pulled it together..

"Not Bad"

No comments:

Post a Comment