Monday, March 7, 2011

Secret Stash

Secret Stash  I don't know, the idea just kind of came to me in stages.  I think first of all, my hatred for all things forced down our throats had to become manifest, for catharsis' sake.  Of course I don't really hate Justin Bieber (because I don't know him well enough), but let's face it, I was sick of him within seconds of seeing the very first pictures of him.  And then it only got worse.  Patty likes to point out that we recently received a copy of Vanity Fair magazine that had him on the cover.  I demanded that the cover be removed for as long as it was loitering around our house. 

Thank god I don't have a young daughter.

Anyway, the idea came together thinking about how messy our place can be (no discredit to George and Ann, they do the best they can with the situation).  Add to that watching several hours worth of The Three Stooges, the above mentioned mental disturbance and voila a little film.  You either get a laugh out of it or you don't, but at least it only costs a minute and a half.

The best part was what you don't see.  I wanted to get across that Pat slaps me because I am pretending to yell "No!" in slow motion.  Anyway I thought for effect I should also put shaving cream in there, just to mix things up a little - who knows where it came from.  Pat is to slap me, yell  "Stop That!" and then cut.  Pat slaps (reluctantly?) but can't get the words out because she is laughing too hard.  I told her we only have one take because obviously there is going to be shaving cream all over the place.  Well we had to clean up the shaving cream and try it again.  Same results as the first time.  Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment